The JR Riding team is an opportunity for young riders to develop their skills under the watchful eyes of Capriole Academy's Coaching Staff in an affordable four-month intensive program. If you have ever wanted to become a top-level equestrian but have never had the means to do so this could be an opportunity of a lifetime.
SUMMER SESSION BEGINS IN JULY! BETTER THAN ANY SUMMER CAMP YOU'VE EVER BEEN TO! BE PART OF A PASSIONATE TEAM AND GET OUT AND SHOW!
**NEW: Bring your own horse is now available for July & August with REDUCED board rates Sessions**
12 practices per month (lessons) with high quality, passionate, insured coaches with show experience. Practices run 1.5 hours and include theory and stable management.
Use of a high quality horse
Coaching at shows
What can you expect from the program?
- Exponential increase in your riding skill
- More confidence, leadership ability and understanding of horse care
- Access to world-class coaching and horses capable of performing movements such as piaffe, half-pass, canter pirouettes as well as horses who have jumped successfully well over 3'6"
- Show experience
- An extremely friendly, outgoing and passionate group of people who genuinely want you to succeed (and who are not afraid to get tough on you and improve your skills!)
- A look at holistic horse care, groundwork, horsemanship and classical principles of riding
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate, caring, determined individuals who wish to improve their skills
- Individuals who want a more complete riding education based on the classical principles of riding
- Individuals who want the opportunity to work with world-class trainers and coaches
- Individuals who truly care about horse welfare and are wanting to educate themselves
- Self-starters who will demonstrate their passion for horses by studying anatomy, theory and history of riding under the guidance of their instructors
- An interest in Philippe Karl's work (www.philippe-karl.com) is most definitely an asset.
SKILL LEVEL is significantly less important than the desire to learn, an open mind and a passion for horses. It would be beneficial to have riding basics (at the very minimum the ability to steer in walk and trot and an understanding of how to sit in a canter). We currently have team members developing their canter to members jumping well over 3 foot and practicing lateral work - we all work together to help each other out and develop our skills.
SUMMER SESSION PRICING: $960 including taxes and coaching fees at shows with the use of a Capriole Academy Horse. Riders are expected to attend all practices and to attend at least one show. Class fees are NOT included.
Some Scholarships available.
If you are interested in joining our team and becoming a member of Capriole Academy's Riding Team please fill out the application found below.
SUMMER SESSION STARTS IN JULY!